What is a full service marketing agency?
If you have your own business and are looking for some additional help with your marketing strategy, you may have come across the term ‘full service marketing’. But what does this term actually mean? You may be unaware of what marketing activities could be included into a marketing package and more importantly, how it could be of benefit to your business.
This article covers the basics of what a full service marketing agency is and the elements of marketing that could be included in your ‘digital marketing retainer’ with CW Marketing.
What is a full service marketing agency?
Essentially, a full service marketing agency is an agency that offers all forms of marketing communications. This can vary from specific marketing activities such as social media marketing, email marketing, technical SEO, to full marketing strategy creation. Whatever your marketing needs are, a full service agency should be able to help you.
In essence, they should act as an addition to your business, think of it as your own personal marketing manager. It’s important that you can build a good rapport with your marketing agency so conversations around goals, targets and performance are easy to discuss.
What are the benefits of a marketing agency over an in-house marketing manager?
The likelihood of an in-house marketing manager having the skills to complete all necessary marketing deliverables without the requirement of a third party is highly unlikely. And, if they can, you will probably be spending upwards of £60k for them. With a full service agency, you will benefit from a range of different professionals in all areas of marketing. Whilst you will likely have a dedicated Account Manager, work such as graphic design and technical website development may be done by other specialists in the team.
Taking the above into consideration, just a few of the key benefits of choosing to work with a marketing agency include:
- More affordable than an in-house marketing manager
- Better specialisms in all forms of marketing
- The ability to build your own relationship with your agency
- Peace of mind knowing the marketing is taken care of, allowing you to focus on other business matters
What is included in a digital marketing retainer?
At CW Marketing, we encourage our clients to opt for a ‘digital marketing retainer’. This means we establish your business’ personal goals, and choose which marketing elements would best help achieve them. We are a very flexible agency with a well-rounded team experienced in most areas of marketing, which means we can create a fully tailored marketing retainer.
Some of our main retained services include:
SEO stands for ‘search engine optimisation’. It is the process of getting organic traffic directly from search results on search engines. The goal of technical SEO is to try and get your website ranking higher for your chosen keywords, as this means you’ve got a greater chance of a customers finding your business online and clicking through to your website..
Our full service marketing agency offers the following SEO services:
- Keyword research – establish keywords that suit your business goals and budgets.
- Article writing – each month we will write SEO friendly articles which will include your keywords and help you rank higher
- Content optimisation – inserting keywords throughout the content of your site helps to affirm rankings.
- Title tags – the title tags are the first part of your page or post that gets picked up by search engines, using keywords in titles and subtitles is very important.
- Alt tags – any images on your website should have alt tags that relate to the content of the page they appear on. This is also a good chance to include your keywords.
- Meta descriptions – properly optimising meta descriptions are crucial to digital SEO, by summarising the content of a web page.
- Google Business page – optimise your Google Business Page to help you be found on searches and maps.
- Link building / Citations – submitting your website to various online directories with the aim of getting backlinks to your site.
As SEO is a long-term strategy (often taking between 3-6 months to achieve results), we recommend a combination of some or all of these activities to be completed on a monthly basis for the best chance of success.
According to the Digital Marketing Institute, social media itself has seen a 13% global increase in usage since the previous year. This means that social media can be a great way to expose your business’ profile on multiple platforms to existing and new audiences. It gives users another chance to gain familiarity with your brand, and hopefully interact.
We offer social media as part of our digital marketing retainer, featuring activities such as:
- Set up – if your business doesn’t already have social media accounts, we can get them up and running for you. This would include filling in all the descriptions, products, and services sections, and setting up a Business or Ads Manager profile if required. We can even design the header banners and profile picture for you!
- Regular posting – the most important part of social media is consistency. If you find you don’t have the time to manage your profiles, we can regularly post on your social media channels for you.
- Paid advertisement – one of the best ways to grow your following and engagement is by using paid advertisement or ‘boosting’ your posts. At CW Marketing, we can manage all aspects of your social media advertising.
We have experience with using all types of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram and Google My Business. To learn more about the service we offer, read our blog posts here >>
Our full-service agency is experienced in providing effective small business email marketing solutions that will allow you to send campaigns to your existing database or to a paid for mailing list.
If you’re interested in email marketing, we can help you achieve this with the following services:
- Design a template – we can design stylish and effective MailChimp email templates. They will be responsive as it needs to be visible on both mobile and desktop.
- Engaging content – we use text and images that are directly relevant to the topic of the email and will prompt people to finish reading. This includes a catchy subject line, plenty of links back to your website and opportunities for them to get in touch with you.
- Manage your contacts – segmenting or tagging your database will give you a smaller but more targeted list of contacts. We can help you purchase a database if your business does not already have one.
Pay per click (PPC) advertising (such as Google Ads) is a tool that, when utilised to its full effect, can be highly beneficial in getting large volumes of traffic to businesses, fast.
Our full service marketing agency offers the following PPC services:
- Campaign planning – including keyword research, budget estimations and advice of networks to use, e.g. Google or Bing
Account set up – including creating new campaigns and ad groups. We are skilled in various campaign types including; search, display, video and shopping.
- Optimisation – if you have existing campaigns, we can optimise them for better results.
- Maintenance – we will regularly check-in with you ads to check that budgets, clicks, and conversions are what is expected. We will constantly look for ways to improve your ads to get the most out of your budgets.
- Guidance – access to support and advice from Google’s own superior specialists.
Read our article here on how PPC can work for a small business >>
Contact CW Marketing for a digital marketing retainer
Although we offer all of the above services and more, we certainly wouldn’t expect you to do everything. We may be a full service marketing agency, but we will design a package that will meet your business goals and achieve the results you were hoping for.
Get in contact with a member of our team to discuss your marketing requirements and budget. Once you become a client you’ll be given a dedicated account manager who can be in close contact with you anytime you need. At the end of the month, you will be given a report to show you the results we have achieved. Either fill in a contact form on our website, or phone us directly on 01202 888200 to speak to our team.